Accidents can happen and it’s important that these are always reported to Menulog so that we can support you and also investigate to help prevent it from happening again. It’s also a requirement of all couriers to report any serious incidents to the relevant State Regulator. Menulog takes safety very seriously and will also report incidents as required however it’s important couriers also report you have a legal obligation as an independent contractor under the workplace health and safety laws to notify some incidents to workplace regulators, such as Safework. For more information on how to do this, click here
In Case of Emergency Situations:
You are required to report to Menulog, the following incidents that you might be directly involved in:
- Incidents which caused injury to you
- Incidents which caused injury or death to another person, including customer, restaurant staff, other motorists or the general public
- Incidents that could have caused a serious injury or death to you (but did not), for example:
- a road collision in which you were directly involved but not injured
- road rage
- a serious incident involving a highly aggressive customer that was escalating to possible violence
- Incidents that could have caused a serious injury or death to another person (but did not)
- Hazards you identify that are related to the delivery of your services which, if left unaddressed, could cause serious harm to you or others
In the event of an incident, our Courier Support Team is available at all times via the chat function of your Menulog Courier App. If you feel like you may be in an unsafe situation or a law has been broken, and in the event of a serious incident or emergency, we encourage you to contact the local authorities or Emergency Services on 000 immediately.
For Non-Emergency Situations:
You can report health and safety concerns to Menulog by emailing email@example.com or by using the non-live chat function in the Courier App.
Please note that you do not need to report traffic hazards or other hazards over which Menulog does not reasonably have any control or any ability to reduce any risk of harm to you or our customers.
Reporting any incident as soon as possible is crucial - we are here to help you work safely!