You can deliver by e-bike on the Menulog Network in the downtown areas of select cities. To deliver by e-bike you’ll need:
- To be at least 18 years old and have the right to work in Australia
- Access to a electronic (pedal assisted) bicycle
- To ensure that the e-bike is in good operating condition and meets the required standards for an e-bike of its kind
- An Australian standards compliant bicycle helmet and any other safety equipment reasonably required
- A smartphone operating on iOS or Android platforms
- A thermal-grade delivery bag
While signing up, you’ll also be required to upload the below documents:
- Valid proof of work eligibility - acceptable documents include birth certificate, work/study permit, passport, or PR card
- Completed background check - you can purchase one if needed
To complete your application you also must also provide us your Australian Business Number (ABN), the details of your bank account to receive your payments and submit a recent (90 days) criminal background check.
As an independent contractor on the Menulog Network, you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in your region. This may include obtaining additional permits, insurance, certifications and business licenses to deliver food and drinks as a courier.
If you’re already a courier and you do deliveries by motor vehicle, you can request to change the vehicle type associated with your Menulog courier account to an e-bike by reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, just keep in mind your account can only be associated with one vehicle type at a time